If you’re like most homeowners, your garage door is one of the most used and abused parts of your home. Over time, all that use and abuse can lead to common garage door problems. But don’t worry. In most cases, these problems are easy to fix and don’t require a call to the garage door repair Hampton expert.
Here are some of the most common garage door problems and their solutions:
- The door won’t open or close. This is usually due to a problem with the garage door opener. First, check to ensure the power is on and the batteries in the remote are working. If that doesn’t solve the problem, it’s time to call a professional.
- The door opens or closes but not all the way. This is usually caused by something blocking the sensors that tell the door when to stop. Make sure nothing is blocking the sensors; if there is, remove it.
- The door makes a lot of noise when it opens or closes. This is usually due to dirt and debris build-up in the tracks. To fix this, simply clean out the tracks with a bit of soap and water.
- The door opener remote doesn’t work. Again, this is usually due to dead batteries in the remote. Replace the batteries and see if that solves the problem.
- The door opens or closes by itself. A faulty sensor usually causes this. Check the sensors to ensure they’re working correctly; if not, call a professional.
These are just some of the most common garage door problems and their solutions. If you’re having any other problems with your door, it’s best to call a professional garage door repair Virginia Beach company for help.